I've moved to www.halleshobbies.com
If not automatically redirected to my new site, please click the above link.

Monday, November 19, 2007

Grandma Olena--PUBLISHED

The Dec/Jan issue of Somerset Memories was in my mailbox today...and why is that significant?? Only because I have a piece of art published on page 63!

I am awaiting a reply from the publisher as to where or not I am allowed to share the image or not. Otherwise..hope you can take a peek at the magazine sometime.

UPDATE:
I got permission to share my published piece with you. In the magazine it's framed but I wasn't able to take a decent photo with it in the frame.

This caption appears next to the photo:
"There are very few photos of my beautiful Grandma Olena since she tragically died before reaching her 30th birthday. As a child I always wondered why she didn't smile for her picture...I'd like to think this tribute to her would make her smile now."

4 comments:

Denise Moore said...

Halle, I am quit sure your Grandmother Olena is smiling now. Your work is a beautiful tribute to her. Way to go getting it published.
Denise

Unknown said...

Now your dear grandmother will live on for ever - she will surely be smiling now, CONGRATULATIONS on getting published xxx Fabulous news xxxx

Linda Manning Findley said...

Halle this is so wonderful and I am sure she is smiling .... Linda F

Ellen Lyn said...

Very lovely! Congrats on making the magazine!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails