~~~I've moved to www.halleshobbies.com ~~~
I'm an artist and SAHM from the upper mid-west. In addition to my passion for paper art and mixed-media; I enjoy sewing, painting, photography, jewelry making and gardening. I love finding ways to reuse, re-purpose and recycle everyday items into art or other basic utilitarian objects.
I'm working at getting back to the basics: healthy food, reduced chemical load in our home, exercise and spending time with family.
As you know...I love being creative. But when it comes to scrap booking, I am a complete failure! I think I get way too uptight when I think about preserving those memories. I'm determined to put this scrapbook together in a timely manner and not get to stressed out about each page and each photo and each piece of paper I choose. It doesn't have to be perfect...
Maybe once I get this one done, I will start the kids baby books! AGH! I know...bad mommy. I'll get them done before they have their own kids, I promise.
We've gotten tons of small yellow tomatoes. Also some Big Boy's and the heirloom striped variety I traded with my friend for in the spring. We've also harvested a few green onions as well as some green bell and jalapeno peppers.
This is today's sampling....
I'm pretty sure the striped variety are Tigerella tomatoes aka: "Mr. Stripey" from what I've seen online.
Anyone want to confirm that for me?
As if I couldn't get any more random... This weekend I started making terrain for miniatures.
My son recently got very interested in a miniature wargame called Warhammer 40k but the cost of said game can drive a person into the poorhouse. After talking with the hobby store owner about terrain and looking at some books I decided that I could make some hills and ruins out of stuff we already had around.
The hill was my first piece. It's made from foam sheathing. I carved it into hill like shapes then glued them together. Sand was used in place of the expensive texture paint that was recommended. Then came the paints to make it more "real". Little bits of moss as bushes helped with the allusion.
The other piece is a ruined building....at least one corner of a building.
I had a lot of fun with this one. I used molding paste to give the heavy cardboard some stone-like texture then used some paint techniques to give it definition. Again, little bits of moss as bushes helped with the realism.
I finally got around to making this little cabinet into a wardrobe for my Dress Up Project dresses.
I may still play around with distressing the brown. It was going to be more of a dry brush look but I got little heavy handed and had to go with it.
The little dresses look so cute on the little hangers.
Wowsers...August snuck up on me. I had to quickly whip up this dress so I wouldn't fall behind the rest of the Dress-up project participants.
I call it the Summer of Love sundress.
The fabric was scavenged from a pair of pants my son wore many, many years ago. I had fun drawing on the fabric with markers before sewing.
I was going to make a mini replica of my flag twirler outfit from high school but decided that would be just too difficult to figure out on the fly. Maybe I'll make it for October...like homecoming. My junior year when I was a flag twirler was my best year of high school...so many good memories. Hard to believe my 20yr reunion was just last week! Although, I skipped it. :)
Don't forget to check out all the other August Dresses over at the Alice and Camilla blog.