I've moved to www.halleshobbies.com
If not automatically redirected to my new site, please click the above link.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Card making inspiration

My mom found this card in my dad's room at the nursing home. Due to his dementia, he couldn't tell her who gave it to him or how it had gotten there.


She thought I had made it.
She was positive I had made it since I used to make cards all the time and had just forgotten to sign it. It's a beautiful card but it wasn't me. Although, I do intend to make one of similar style.


It occurred to me that I really would like to give more handmade cards again.
I'm also trying to use some of my scraps. I just can't stand to toss perfectly usable papers into the recycling bin.



3 comments:

Lori said...

These are great, Halle! Love how you use scraps!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Nice use of your scraps. Glad to hear you enjoy cardmaking. It, like scrapbooking, has never interested me after my disastrous card swapping days.

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

I used to make cards a lot and miss it.
Lovely inspiration seeing yours Halle!
I can't bear to throw paper away, sometimes I get brave and recycle some, but making something out of scraps is much more satisfying that's for sure!
oxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails