I've moved to www.halleshobbies.com
If not automatically redirected to my new site, please click the above link.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Juice anyone?




I'm raising my glass to Kimmie and my Tea Tuesday friends. My glass happens to have juice instead of tea today.

I've come up with my own flavor combo that is pleasing to my taste buds. It did take some trial and error with some pretty nasty glasses of juice to choke down.

I have so much more energy and less cravings for "naughty foods" on days that I juice first thing in the morning...well, second thing.  I have to have a cup of coffee first thing.



Halle's morning power juice:

1 beet
2 carrots
2 stalks celery
1 inch chunk fresh ginger

Organic veggies taste the best but I have made my juices without when I couldn't find what I wanted.



I currently have a Jack LaLanne power juicer but what I really want is a Champion Juicer.  My parents had one when I was a kid. It was avocado green. Yup...it was the 70's.  I drank carrot juice with bee pollen sprinkled on top most mornings.  Hated it then.  I would hold my nose and slam it down.
Funny how our taste buds change over time.


Happy Tuesday everyone!

 

9 comments:

~*~Patty S said...

Your juice looks and sounds gorgeous...that is exactly what I want to be drinking and get Mr M to enjoy too!
OK this is crazy...we have our yellow champion juicer which is a great sturdy machine that we got as a wedding gift 31 yrs ago, in the trunk ready to take to charity
I want one that is easier to clean and not so heavy and takes up less room on the counter (funny huh!) an Omega for about $99 caught my eye
now you REALLY have me in the mood for juice Missy!
Happy Healthy T day to ya
oxo

~*~Patty S said...

oh and one of the things we Loved to make with the Champion was freeze peeled bananas and put them thru the juicer (with the other attachment) ... out came creamy banana ice cream ... ummm

...don't make me take the Champion out of the trunk Halle :) :) :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This reminds me of the time I spent with my friend Joseph. He made me a drink every morning. Sometimes they tasted like grass, sometimes like strawberries and bananas. Always good for me, I know. I wish I had a juicer. I've wanted one since forever. I have no idea what brand Joe's was, or if he still has it. I suspect these drinks are very good for you, too. I'll stick with the coffee all day, though.

I left my sun tea out for two hours and brought it in. Now I'm afraid to drink it after reading your post, so will just fish out the bags and use them for art, and fertilize/water my garden with the tea.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I've made a morning smoothie with lowfat yogurt, banana and pineapple, but never a juice with all those vegetables. I'd rather just have a spicy V-8. Fresh juice is very popular over here -- lots of little shops where you can get lots of varieties -- from carrot juice to sugar cane juice. Have a great week. Tammy

Shelley said...

I have a garden with all ingredients and a chunk of giner in the fridge AND a champion jucier. I'm off to try your recipe! Thanks

Margaret said...

Looks so yummy, it's ages since I've done any juicing, I really shouldstart again! Love the colour! Mx

Unknown said...

I have always wanted a juicer! I used to stop by a juice stand on my way to work in the '90s - I had carrot juice every morning until I noticed the palms of my hands turning orange. Honest! That much carrot juice will turn you orange! Too funny :)

Happy Tuesday Halle!

Tracey FK said...

I used to have this juice a few times a week... no idea why I stopped actually I remember it as being delicious...xx

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

The juice looks yummy! Yes it is funny how our taste buds change. A few years ago I never thought I would actually be drinking my veggies! LOL! I was debating on a blender or juicer awhile back ago and went with a high speed blender (personal preference as I like the pulp and the ability to do other things than just juice...plus if I decide I don't want the pulp I could just strain it easy enough)...anyways I am so happy I got it! I had to choke down several bad concotions before finding the right one and now we actually crave green drinks filled with fruits and veggies! My friends think I am crazy but I feel sooooooo much better when I drink them! Hubby enjoys them and even my dad when I treat him to one!

Related Posts with Thumbnails