I've moved to www.halleshobbies.com
If not automatically redirected to my new site, please click the above link.

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Flannel Ragtime Quilt

 



In my previous post I mentioned a quilt...my first quilt...that was made nearly 13 yrs ago. Long, long before I started blogging...probably even before blogs were a thing.
 
I made this quilt during little boy nap-times.
The front is warm tones and the back cool blues.

It's a perfect throw blanket on cold winter nights.
In fact, there is sometimes a fight over who gets to use this quilt when we are all watching TV because it's the best one to snuggle under.

 

8 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Now that's big girl sewing! As always, I'm impressed, especially with square corners, straight lines, and matched seams. No wonder I'll never be a seamstress! Also impressive is the fact it's been around so long and not fallen apart!

Becca said...

Oo pretty! I love rag quilts! I made a couple of small ones for my kitties a couple of years ago...it was fun, I should try one again!

Cameron said...

It is gorgeous, Halle....and I bet all soft worn from all the washings over the years! Yum!

Margaret said...

I LOVE your quilt, the colours are amazing front and back! I have blankets I made years ago, they remind me of a special time. Mx

~*~Patty S said...

I can see why everyone wants to snuggle under that beautiful quilt Halle!
It is really special and so pretty too!

I have some catching up to do after being away for a 4 day weekend...can't seem to catch up these days...tis the season I guess
oxo

Dianne said...

so adorable! I love that they 'fight' over who gets to use it... a beautiful extension of mommy's love!

Dianne said...

Hi again! I did another drawing for my give away, and you won! Not sure I still have your address, so please email me with your snail mail.
dbcarey_2000@yahoo.com
congrats!
Dianne

Unknown said...

I've begun collecting men's flannel shirts at the thrift store to make something just like this! I love how it looks after many washings ..... Beautiful quilt Halle!

Related Posts with Thumbnails