I've moved to www.halleshobbies.com
If not automatically redirected to my new site, please click the above link.

Friday, February 27, 2009

Natural Dyes


Just like last year, I'm using a natural dye process to color our eggs. I used this tutorial for the process.

The purple/blue eggs were made with red cabbage.

The reddish eggs were onion skins..both yellow and red gathered from the bottom of my onion drawer. Based on the tutorial, I expected I'd get a greenish yellow color.

I also threw a few scraps of muslin in the dye bath. The orange is really puzzling to me. One side is more orange than the other but the blue pieces are the same color on both sides. You can also see where I dripped a little blue dye on the orange. Opps!

Note to self and others: USE GLOVES!! My fingers are horribly stained.

1 comment:

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Oh how cool! Do you know if the muslin will hold the color once it's washed? I love that blue color! Marva

Related Posts with Thumbnails