I've moved to www.halleshobbies.com
If not automatically redirected to my new site, please click the above link.

Friday, May 8, 2009

Mixed-media painting


I created this for my mother-in-law for a Mother's Day and birthday gift. They have been so helpful with taking the kids so often lately while we are dealing with the changes in my folks life.

Once again I've recycled an old painting that I wasn't completely happy with... I just poured the gesso on and started over. I think this is the 4th time I've used this same 18x24 canvas.

The lighting isn't the best for the photo but I wanted to document it before giving it to her.

1 comment:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This piece is great. And I'm sure all the buildup over the last three attempts has made it very textural and produces lots of depth. I love the composition of the piece, too. I'm sure you MIL will love it (and never know it's recycled unless you tell her).

Related Posts with Thumbnails