I've moved to www.halleshobbies.com
If not automatically redirected to my new site, please click the above link.

Monday, November 15, 2010

ATC storage


Yesterday, I ran across someone asking about ATC storage. Some people use trading card sheets in 3-ring binders, others have them in baskets and so on.


I have several storage methods.






My first option was to use this very old photo album. It was in rough shape. I decided to make it my own by stamping and painting randomly on the pages for visual interest. I used photo corners to attach each ATC. The thing I like about this album is that you can see the backside of the card through the opening.

This book filled up rather quickly so...



I came with with my own storage option by creating a book that can have my ATC's upright whether they are made in a portrait or landscape style. This was very important to me. Once again I use photo corners to attach the ATC's so they can easily be removed to look at the back.
I wrote a tutorial when I created a second one.


I recently acquired this vintage wooden cheese box for the sole purpose of housing my ever growing collection. I tend to put ATC's that are thick, uneven or heavily embellished in the box. This box sits on my desk right by the computer so I can hopefully be inspired daily.

Do you have an ATC collection?  How do you store yours?


6 comments:

Shannon said...

these are such fabulous ideas! i especially like the wooden box. man..you really make me want to get more into ATC's! thanks for the inspiration today.

~*~Patty S said...

you have quite a nice collection there Halle, I like all methods you're using ... the box looks the most inviting to me ... I like being able to see my stuff

that said I have two notebooks full of the clear baseball sleeve pages and I have a little altered tin candy suitcase with some ... some mermaid/ocean/sea ones are decorating our powder room downstairs

gosh you got me going there

hope to see you for T tomorrow:)
oxo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm so late in visiting. But the swap is finished and I'm celebrating by drinking tea on you tomorrow.

I have NO imagination when it comes to ATCs. I love your photo book the best, but they are all clever. I keep mine in baseball card sleeves in a 3 ring binder. Like I said, no imagination!

Sinderella's Studio said...

I will be back for the tutorial when I have more time - my ATC's are starting to need a home that keeps them safe!
cheers, dana

BadPenny said...

Thank you for showing your ideas for storage - I only have a few ACT's so far. I keep all my swaps & gifts in a special box after I've had them out on my mantlepice in the kichen for ages !

margaret said...

Cool storage ideas Halle! love the book the best, it has a great look ot it! mx

Related Posts with Thumbnails