I've moved to www.halleshobbies.com
If not automatically redirected to my new site, please click the above link.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Travels postcard book



This spring I got back into swapping postcards on Swapbot.  Of course, they have other things to swap but I've had the most fun with postcards.

Who doesn't love getting mail, right?!

So what do you do with a big stack of postcards to make them a little more fun...

You make a book!

This one was a great size and had the perfect title.


I made 3 tiny signatures and attached them to the cover with a pamphlet stitch. I used a dry adhesive tape runner on the front side of each of the postcards to "tip" them into the book.











These postcards came from all over the globe...


Such as South Africa





 New Zealand











 Slovakia



And as close as the next state.












Years ago, before starting this blog, I made my first book to hold my postcards.

Kind of a cheesy title....


But I was happy with the the way a bound the signatures as well as attached envelopes to hold some extras.  Good thing too...the pockets are filled to the brim now.



7 comments:

Margaret said...

Great idea to keep them together! a wonderful way to keep all these treasures together. Mx

~*~Patty S said...

What a treasure that is Halle...great job of tipping them all in too!
oxo

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Oh how wonderful! Gives me a good idea! I love cheesy stuff so I think your title is perfect! :) I tried to go to the swapbot page but it just took me to a blank screen. Can you send me the link? Also do they do postcars swaps all the time? Would love to do that!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I had a book that held post cards that my friend Sally gave me a few years ago. At that time, I didn't really do much with postcards, so passed it along to Kathy. Then I started receiving them and have them all over my studio. I could sure use that book you made because it is a fantastic holder for these gems. Love the binding, too.

emma wallace said...

What a fun idea! I love it!

Unknown said...

oh okay, i love this!
I don't know if your camera plays tricks on you with color or not, but it looks as if the cover is teal - which i LOVE with the binding string.

xx,
amy

Marianne said...

This is a great idea. Love the cover.

Related Posts with Thumbnails