I've moved to www.halleshobbies.com
If not automatically redirected to my new site, please click the above link.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Tea with the birds


As I sip my yummy iced tea (from the bargain bin, $0.75 baby) and make my Target list, 
I hear a curious sound. 


Rustling in the serviceberry tree. 





The Cedar Waxwings have returned....
They come every year to pick it clean. 
I think they are so beautiful. 
What I don't think is so beautiful are the messes they leave everywhere. Apparently those berries go right through them. Sorry...TMI.

Gracie is very entertained. 
What more could a cat want....warm sun to lay in while watching dozens of birds right outside the window.

What are you doing today?

Obviously Target is on my list...as well as stopping by my friends Tea Tuesday blogs.


 

9 comments:

~*~Patty S said...

what a handsome bird...we/I don't see those here in our Virginia garden!

definitely a down side to all those birds tho hah!

the Robin Red Breasts have finally stopped bombing our back porch...I was at wit's end about the poop-a-rama they were having!

Happy T day to you Halle
oxo

Nancy said...

Too chilly here today for a cold drink. I love the birds too--my car caught it the other day :(
Lovely photos, quotes, postcard, and scarves throughout the last few posts I checked :)
Happy Tuesday

Margaret said...

How wonderful to have these beauties right outside your house, I can understand Gracie completly! Mx

Unknown said...

Your outdoors seating looks so inviting ... a little wet here for sitting outside :( .... wonderful capture of the bird with a berry! Birds are harder to photograph than bees!!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I've never even heard of a Cedar Waxwing, even though I have a cedar tree in my yard. Hope you had a great Tea today and got lots of bargains.

Tracey FK said...

That bird looks quite proud sitting there... and the iced tea was a bargain... it is such a treat to find something like that isn't it... Happy Tea day xx

Cameron said...

I love spying birds in my yard, too...those waxwings are so beautiful!!

Looks like a wonderful afternoon...so glad you got to enjoy the sunshine....and looking for more bargains at Target :)

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Such a pretty bird. Not sure I've seen them before but I have seen purple poop. :) We had a flock of birds pass through here a while back and boy oh boy did they make a mess all over my balcony door. Not even sure how they were able to aim like that. Ha! Love those $1 bins at target. Have a great day. Tammy

*jean* said...

such a good capture, halle! i have had the waxwings here one time in 20 years...they were in my ornamental crab tree one year...lots of them...on their way through...hope you had fun at Target!

Related Posts with Thumbnails