I've moved to www.halleshobbies.com
If not automatically redirected to my new site, please click the above link.

Friday, January 18, 2008

The start of a painting

I've had this vision of a painting I have wanted to do for a long time so I'm finally taking the plunge. The inspiration came from a TV show set backdrop...I wish I could remember which one.

Last night I grabbed a canvas that had the start of something else on it and began drawing.

I got the wall color blocked in before bed and did the window glass, the brick mortar and the base coat on the table so far today.

I hope to get a little more painting in today but it is VERY cold in the basement and will only get worse as the weekend wears on...we a in a deep freeze for the next few days...highs at aren't expected to reach zero Fahrenheit all weekend and wind chills are -40F and lower.

I'll keep posting my progress...keep in mind this is only the 2nd painting I've ever done. The first was a portrait...I'm pretty sure I covered over it with something else because the eyes were just too scary.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails