I've moved to www.halleshobbies.com
If not automatically redirected to my new site, please click the above link.

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Charms, beads and quilts, oh my!

After nearly a week of no arts or crafts I was starting to go through withdrawals.

There has been quite a bit of chatter on the Yahoo groups I belong to about charms lately. I made these since ones today from some MahJong tiles I had laying around.
My only question is: Do I have these in the proper direction?

The next item I played around with was some more paper beads. I had used up almost all I had made before. They are so simple and very addictive to make. Now I really want to make some smaller ones. I'm thinking if I get some coffee stirring straws, they'll be thin enough to make some small beads on.

I have also started cutting fabric for a quilt. I've made an all flannel quilt using this pattern but this time I am planning on doing flannel on one side and denim on the other. Today in celebration of a 16lb weight loss...I cut up 3 pairs of jeans to put to good use in the quilt!


UPDATE: 26LB WEIGHT LOSS NOW!!!

3 comments:

Kat said...

Congrats on the weight loss. Boy do I need to get with it. The charm on the left is ok but I think the one on the right is upside down.

Kat

Anonymous said...

Your projects are lovely. I used toothpicks to create a smaller hole for paper beads. I like the idea of recycling belt buckles into charms. very cool.

Rowena said...

I love your projects. :)
Yeah the charm on the right is upside down...I'm Chinese by the way...

Related Posts with Thumbnails