I've moved to www.halleshobbies.com
If not automatically redirected to my new site, please click the above link.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Think pink!


So I've been working on the back sides of my red, yellow and pink squares today. I was wanting to put some ribbon on and after looping it over it hit me!

Little pink ribbons for breast cancer awareness.

My mom is a 40 year survivor...she had a radical mastectomy in 1968. I'm thankful that she did her own self exam and discovered the lump. If she hadn't, she wouldn't have lived long enough to meet and marry my dad much less give birth to me.

Remember to do your self exams and follow your doctors orders for get mammograms on schedule. I've been getting mammograms every other year since I was 26. It's quick, easy and totally worth the brief discomfort.

I will now step down off my soap box.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails