I've moved to www.halleshobbies.com
If not automatically redirected to my new site, please click the above link.

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Huge tomato plants!

Can you believe the size of these tomato plants?!?!

Actually, there are 2 plants in each pot. I did that because I wasn't sure they'd even make it.

My hubby bought this organic garden soil. After potting up the tomatoes and a bunch of herbs I discovered that it said on the back of the bag "NOT FOR USE IN CONTAINERS". I just crossed my fingers and hoped for the best. It certainly worked well!

The white pot has regular tomatoes, I believe Celebration was the name. The other is the little yellow pear shaped tomatoes. A childhood favorite of mine. :)

To give you a little perspective, the deck railing it about 5 feet off the ground. The plants are at least 3.5 feet by themselves and the stems are at least 3/4 of an inch in diameter.

1 comment:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Nice size on the plants. I see they have those tell tale yellow flowers looming large.

Elizabeth

Related Posts with Thumbnails