I've moved to www.halleshobbies.com
If not automatically redirected to my new site, please click the above link.

Monday, August 4, 2008

Flower canvas board

This canvas has had many different lives.

It started out as a sign for my boy's room which I never finished after it took an ugly turn.
I set it aside for a very long time.

Deciding to try to give it another life, I painted over his name only to have the texture accentuate the letters instead. Frustrated, I again set it aside.

After a few weeks, I covered the whole thing with sheet music and a couple of other papers then painted blue. Finally the letters were obscured.
Again it was set aside for a long time.



Today it became this.

I guess the lesson for me was to not give up. Eventually the canvas told me what it really wanted to be.

1 comment:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This really turned out well, Halle. I'm glad you stuck with it. It is a true beauty and I really like the shading in the flowers.

Elizabeth

Related Posts with Thumbnails