I've moved to www.halleshobbies.com
If not automatically redirected to my new site, please click the above link.

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Summer of Love ATC swap

These were so fun to make!!

I started with an 8.5x11 sheet of periwinkle cardstock. With an old credit card, I spread out some orange and yellow craft paints.

After that was dry, I used rubber stamps, more paint, markers, and stencils to create lots of background interest.

When I was happy with it I cut 9 ATC's from my full sheet of cardstock.

I free handed a VW bug to make a template then cut little bugs out of discarded book pages. Paint and marker were applied in a very loose manner.

I punched wheels from black "handmade paper" ...I put that in quotes since it was actually store bought. I then used little flower sticker for some fun hubcaps.

The part that I love the most is the genuine VW key attached to each one. I grew up with tons of Volkswagons. My dad and his friend would buy them cheap, fix them up and resell. Sometimes they would just part them out. Dad never threw out anything so I had just enough VW keys laying around to give these ATC's just a little extra punch!

1 comment:

Cindy McMath said...

Wow Halle, these are cool man! You really captured the spirit of the swap.

Peace,

Cindy :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails