I've moved to www.halleshobbies.com
If not automatically redirected to my new site, please click the above link.

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

What I love about altered books


I love the slightly wavy pages from layers of paint, glue and 3D embellishments.


I love how the edges get all gunked up with various colors as I work through the book. Some could think this was a failure on my part to properly protect the other pages. To me it adds to the beauty.

Who could resist decorative edges?!? Not this girl.


I'm drawn to the way an altered book looks as it stands. It tends to pop open a bit so you get a little peek at what's inside. Delicious.

1 comment:

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

ooo I Love altered books too, what a beauty this one looks eventho I can only see the edges :)
Our local altered arts group will be doing an altered book round robin beginning February, I decided to use the Garden/Nature book that I already started.
I have an India book also started, maybe it's time to play in that one again too. Thank you for inspiring me!
oxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails