I've moved to www.halleshobbies.com
If not automatically redirected to my new site, please click the above link.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Early morning gardening on Tea Tuesday




I'm not going to lie...it's still coffee in my cup.

I wanted to get outside and check on my plants. 
The squirrels have been driving me crazy with their digging!!



Ok, my green onions are fine. 




Maybe the movement of the pinwheel is helping. 

Happy Flag Day!



Oh good, my newly transplanted rhubarb looks like it's finally starting to accept its new home.




This is my latest goofy attempt to keep the squirrels out of my lettuce box. 

It looks like I'm trying to grow sticks. Not liking the look.




Hey, where did the sun go??




I better finish up my coffee so I can get the rest of my planting done before it decides to rain.

Thanks for stopping by for tea...oh, yeah...coffee with me.






Remember to swing my Kimmie's blog for the full list of Tea Tuesday participants.




11 comments:

sharon said...

I absolutely love your plants, I love gardening, and I looove coffee!

organizari petreceri said...

You have great plants. But on that post the most i like the picture with the sky, it is great.

Becca said...

Hi Halle, I love your photos, and the light in that first shot is lovely and makes me feel like I was right there!
I love a day of morning light, then afternoon rains, but I rarely get to see that where I live.
Happy gardening & Tea on Tuesday.
I can't believe I have ruhbarb growing too although I'm not too sure when to pick it...the leaves are large, but I'm not too familiar with how to harvest it.

Yvonne said...

Have missed Tea day for some time, but now getting back into the swing of things. Love your ideas on how to deter squirrels. Hope they work. Wish you could send some rain our way too, as we are in a severe drought. Enjoy the rain. Happy tea day.

Judy said...

Your basil is beautiful. I adore basil!

Squirrels can be so exasperating and so difficult to deter. I can't bring myself to love them...

Happy tea day. oxo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Truly lovely basil you have growing on your porch step. I usually grow mine from seed, but haven't bought any this year. Love the look of the sky. It is ominous, but beautiful.

I'll have a cup along with you this lovely Flag Day.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I should have mentioned. Spray a little pepper spray (grind up hot peppers and add a bit of water in a sprayer) on the plants and the squirrels will soon find a new garden to chow down on. Be sure to wash your harvest well when you use it, though. Good luck with the squirrels.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Sounds like a lovely way to start the day. I hope those gray clouds passed you right on by. Best wishes for the rest of the week. Tammy

Unknown said...

Maybe you need razor wire around that lettuce box :)

Your basil is looking picture perfect too! We have slugs that we have to battle - and they LOVE basil!

Happy Tuesday! Happy flag day! Kimmie

~*~Patty S said...

I had a nice cuppa coffee today too...your basil is looking good along with your other plants...those lil rascals sure can get into mischief...hope they move on to somewhere else for you!
Happy Day Halle!
oxo

Cameron said...

Ah...all the sweet little creatures....until they're in OUR yards...haha!

Looks like you may be keeping them at bay *fingers crossed*

...and coffee is always my morning drink of choice :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails