I've moved to www.halleshobbies.com
If not automatically redirected to my new site, please click the above link.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Mama's little helper tea


You may (or may not) have noticed that I have not posted anything since last Wednesday. 
I had intentions of completing projects but my back had other plans. An ice pack, ibuprofen and my chiropractor have been my friends this past week.

While sitting and icing, I've managed to finish The Help.
I like to read the novel before seeing a movie based on the book.

 And this, otherwise not comfortable, chair my friend. It has a nice firm straight back...something none of our the seating seems to provide. 
It's made of elk antlers and is over 100 yrs old. 
I want to recover it in something more interesting than what is currently on it. 
It was my Grandfather's chair. 
He traded an eye exam and glasses for it with a North Dakota Congressman or Governor in the early 1900's. 
I've heard the story both ways. 
Pretty neat, huh! 
It's definitely a conversation piece!!





The reason for the doll in the chair is to show one project that I did complete.

A tiny knit hat for Rosie.

Well my back has had just about enough sitting in front of the computer.
I'll have to go check out the rest of the Tea Tuesday links over at Kimmie's blog later.


 

6 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You POOR dear. I feel so sorry for you. I am in total awe of your cute hat and your ability to sit up straight for hours on end. Feel better soon, dear friend.

*jean* said...

o halle, so sorry about your back! that chair is fabulous! both sides of my family hail from north dakota...would be cool to know more about it...hope you are better soon! rosie's hat is darling!

Unknown said...

there is nothing worse than a back spasm - well, maybe there are worse things - but I want you to FEEL the sympathy my dear! hoping you are 100% soon!!!

what an awesome chair! i love the history of it - bartering - that's the way to go isn't it?

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

So sorry you have been down in the back....sending well wishes your way! The chair is soooooooooooooooo cool...I just love unique pieces! You also did a great job on that doll hat! :)

Tracey FK said...

Back spasms are just awful and hope you are recovering quickly... nice excuse to sit and read though... enjoy the book... I loved it...xx

~*~Patty said...

gee I am really late for tea...my eyes are recovering from cataract surgery and not dialed in clearly yet...my reading has been limited

REALLY sorry you've had back problems...that is the worst and sure can leave one feeling helpless not to mention the pain

hoping that is history now and life is sweet again!
oxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails