I've moved to www.halleshobbies.com
If not automatically redirected to my new site, please click the above link.

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Postcard Challenge week 9

Switzerland was chosen by Darcy this week. 
I thought of many options for this weeks card including a mountain chalet, a Swiss cow, chocolates...just to name a few. 
I decided that Maggie should keep sending "her" paintings as postcards as much as possible. 
I started with a piece of black cardstock. It gave the much needed depth and shadow to a two color palette. I learned this technique from watching Bob Ross painting series on our local PBS station



I mounted the finished painting on an oversized piece of white cardstock then cut it down with my deckle edge scissors. 
Maggie writes of days filled with painting and the wonderful chocolates. She slips up an mentions that she may have to let out a seam or two...how embarrassing for her. 


The stamp and tiny flag are from my Swiss friend, Margaret who is also participating in this challenge. 


She also sent me the Swiss cow ribbon and flag pick that I've added to my page.  They add that special pop of color and whimsey to the page. 
Thanks Margaret!!


 

19 comments:

mags21 said...

what a pretty postcard. a lovely page to. know all about letting seams out!!!

Margaret said...

So lovely Halle! your scene is gorgeous, lovely frosty subtle colours. Your page this week is fab, the ribbon and the flag really do give it that extra 'pop' !
Deckle edged scissors, I never knew such a thing existed, I have a few photos from my mother that were cut with these scissors, she said it was all the rage at the time, love the effect as the cut is so fine. Mx

Fotojoy/Joyce said...

Nice job with the snowy scenery- I so miss Bob Ross and his 'critters'

Darcy Marshall said...

ohh beautiful trees, so serene.

haha had to chuckle at letting the seams out, I think we have all been there.

Gina said...

Beautiful painting technique...and if I see any more chocolate this week I am definitely going to need a bigger dress size lol :D XXX

Leialoha said...

Aloha Halle...Love this painting technique...and there are times (speaking for myself of course) eating all this chocolate throughout these adventures would make me let out a seam or two...I can definitely relate to Maggie...and the cow ribbon/lace pocket--priceless :-)

Lisa Graham said...

Such a wonderful postcard...now where did I put that chocolate. : )

~*~Patty S said...

Oh you had me at chocolate Halle...Love your Swiss card and those cows are the best ribbon accent!

such fun!
oxo

gottahavemoxie said...

Love the way your card turned out. My son and I have been watching the Bob Ross videos lately. Used to watch them with my Grandma when I was a kid.

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

I really like the deckld edge. :) Great postcard and great book page!

Jen said...

Great depth to your painting, a snowy wonderland. Like the page too.
Jen x

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Pretty snow painting! :)

Janet said...

Lovely painting of the landscape and a beautiful book page. How lovely to have some bespoke ribbon to use. Love the lace.

Janet xx

APG Jamie said...

Love the painting it does have great depth. <3

donnalouiserodgers said...

ah beautiful elegant firs reaching for those clear blue skies, a lovely postcard,

dx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Hey, I watched Bob Ross, and I can't paint like that (GRIN)!! You are superb.

Unknown said...

Beautiful ghostly images. I thought at first you did that with bleach (on dark cardstock).

Cynthia said...

ooh! winter wonderland. I can hear the quiet. love your book page and the lace.

San @ Made in Hem said...

Yay for Bob Ross! I see him sometimes on a channel for older people and somehow I'm always intrigued and keep watching. That man did wonders with a drop of paint and a couple of brushes.
And so did you! Love your painting!!! ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails