I've moved to www.halleshobbies.com
If not automatically redirected to my new site, please click the above link.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Suede pouch

 I am very behind here in blogland...
 

Last Saturday evening I made this suede pouch to hang from my belt at the Renaissance Festival the next day.


I had already sewn a backpack but with the temperatures sounding on the cool side I figured I'd be wearing a shawl over my costume. If I had a backpack on I'd be sporting a "hunchback of Notre Dame" look.




So a belt pouch was in order....

I had a magnetic purse closure in my sewing basket so that worked out very well.  I used a scrap of suede to cover the ugly metal backing.


We had a good time with the kids at the festival. Such a different experience than going with another couple. 

***I once again have to apologize for the poorly lit photos. Seems every time I want to photograph something it's raining!!***

2 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, this is as well done as the backpack. Lovely way to hide the mechanics (snap). Glad you had fun at the Fair. Wish it was cool here.

Sinderella's Studio said...

I have not been to the Renaissance Festival here in years - I must mark it on next years to do list!!!
Can I borrow your pouch????
cheers, dana

Related Posts with Thumbnails