I've moved to www.halleshobbies.com
If not automatically redirected to my new site, please click the above link.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Spoons!

These are vintage sterling spoons from my Grandmother's silver chest. They were odds and ends that didn't match anything but were perfect for altering!

I used alcohol inks to color them. This was my second time ever using these inks. **Note to self: wear gloves!! Ink stains hands and fingernails!**

I used hubby's drill press to make the holes for the jumprings. **Note: use an awl or set to make a starter indent so the bit doesn't try to "walk" around.**

The chain and jewel attached to the jump ring are parts of salvaged jewelry. The wire and seed beads wound around the spoon just seemed to give it that final little touch I was looking for.

I'll be keeping one of these myself and sending the others to be swapped. I will put the 3 I receive and the one I keep together to make a "spoon book" as seen in:

Cloth Paper Scissors® Magazine Issue 18


I loved these in the magazine so when I heard about this swap I knew I wanted to do it. Incidentally, I already own an awesome "spoon book" made by Kat.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails