I finished sewing the quilt yesterday morning. I would have been done on Tuesday night first I put the bobbin in wrong then broke a needle and then put the new needle in backwards so it kept breaking the thread. It was very frustrating. I knew then that it was just time to be done for the day.
After the sewing, I had to clip each seam allowance every half inch then wash it so it would fray after washing. The nylon stocking that serves as my filter on my washing machine outlet had a large fist size ball of frayed denim and flannel in it. Then the dryer lint trap was even more full of fluff. I would have taken it to a laundry mat but we don't have any around here anymore. It's a 20 min drive to the closest one.
There are several things I love about this quilt:
- All the flannel is from my maternity tops and my boy's flannels from when he was very small.
- The denim is from both mine and my hubby's old jeans. Together we've lost about 50lbs!!
- The "batting" I used was scraps of polar fleece that I got for free from someones "project gone wrong"
- This blanket is fairly heavy! This provides good sensory comfort for my boy. He needs/loves heavy blankets to help him sleep through the night.