I've moved to www.halleshobbies.com
If not automatically redirected to my new site, please click the above link.

Friday, June 26, 2009

Paper making





I had an unlikely helper today while making paper.

The last time I made paper, neither kid would come near it.

I'm trying out making a couple of paper bowls using two different methods.

The first I squeezed most of the pulp out then pushed it into the inside of a glass bowl.

The second way was to make a sheet of paper but tear it and mold it over an up turned bowl. I'd think this way should yield a thinner bowl.

Everything is drying on the driveway in the 90+ degree heat. Too bad the humidity is up high as well.

2 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

When I saw the bowl, I had to scroll down to see your experiment. I see your helper made some really good papers. It looked like he was really pressing that water out of the paper in the mold.

I've never made a bowl with handmade paper before. I've only made them using papier mache. I cover my bowls with cling wrap so the dried paper bowl just pops right off.

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Oh how cool! I love papermaking! I haven't done any in a few years - too much art and not enough time!

Related Posts with Thumbnails