I've moved to www.halleshobbies.com
If not automatically redirected to my new site, please click the above link.

Friday, May 7, 2010

The package has landed...



So I called my friend Elizabeth this afternoon and interrupted her day to have her check her mailbox. 

WooHoo... the package I mentioned has arrived!

Let me tell you...it was so much fun to be on the phone while she opened it.

I love making a gift geared directly for one person. Every little detail is specific to them or how they fit into my life.

It's even better when the friend "gets" the altered art sort of thing. Such as the  rusted piece of metal strapping I used. I picked this up on a walk with my nieghbor...who I'm pretty sure thought I was a nut job...but puts up with me anyway. :)  Actually, she's getting used to me stopping for odd bits of junk as we walk.

4 comments:

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Halle ! Your book is absolutely wonderful, what a precious gift you created for your good friend. Elizabeth certainly is one to really appreciate every detail too!
btw, you sound perfectly normal to me ... rescuing rusty bits of this and that!
This is a real treasure!!!
oxo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm SO BLESSED. Thank you again for this wonderful and heart felt gift. It was such a joy sharing opening this with you. What a real treat and each page had such special meaning. I'm still OHHing and AHHing over it. Thank you yet again for this wonderful book I will treasure forever and a day.

Caterina Giglio said...

Elizabeth is a dear and this is a wonderful gift!

Teresa aka Tess said...

Hi Halle, This little book is lovely. Elizabeth sent us over to see. I have become likle you picking up things I spot on the ground. I like your blog. Havea great day.
Tess

Related Posts with Thumbnails