I've moved to www.halleshobbies.com
If not automatically redirected to my new site, please click the above link.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Did you miss me?

Over the past couple weeks our family tried to squeeze as much time out of what was left of summer as possible. We ended up doing and seeing things that we hadn't ever as a family even though they are right around the cities. Stay-cationing, I believe is the hip term for that these days.
I'll only highlight a few...



The kids and I helped herd these sheep at a working farm that's part of the local park system. It was quite funny...we were just there for a walk and to buy some produce and eggs when they asked if we could help. When do city kids get the chance to do something like that?!?




We stopped by beautiful Minnehaha Falls Park on our way to a museum one Saturday. Neither of us had been there since we were kids ourselves. It's so beautiful that we have it on our list to see once more of the leaves start to change.




















After a walk around the falls area we went to a one of a kind military museum that is sadly scheduled to close at the end of the month.   It really awesome to walk around all of those old vehicles...peek inside...






Of course, I took hundreds of pictures of a multitude of subjects in a multitude of other places but I won't bore you with them all.  I just wanted to say hello and that I'm back online...no thanks to our cable company who kept me offline for 5 days longer than I expected.  GRRR!

Next time I'll show you some new art...



5 comments:

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Glad you and the family had a wonderful time together! The falls look GORGEOUS! How cool to experience sheep herding too!

Cameron said...

Experiencing things together as a family really is the best! Fun photos.....can't wait to see your new art, too :D

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Actually, I really enjoyed the staycation photos. Wonderful, and SO diverse. Sorry about the cable company.

Unknown said...

You live in a beautiful spot for any kind of cationing :)

It's been a busy summer for us too!

Unknown said...

Having trouble leaving a comment on your newest post .... Just wanted to say - great job keeping yourself in the swing of things ... Love the card, the book over and look forward to seeing more of your work in progress :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails