I've moved to www.halleshobbies.com
If not automatically redirected to my new site, please click the above link.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Good clean fun


I successfully made soap!! 
I've been nervous to try it on my own but figured with the month of cure time for this cold process soap that I better get over it and do it.

This is a coconut oil and olive oil soap with no added fragrance or color. Figured I better start with the basics and work my way up. 

I have to tell you that I was super worried yesterday.
I never got a good "trace" before pouring it into the mold. 

So maybe I shouldn't say that it's a success yet....
I'll let you know in a month.

 

7 comments:

Yvonne said...

Looks like you did fine. I need to make soap again too, but with my frozen shoulder I just haven't felt up to it. Maybe soon. I love making soap, and all natural kinds at that. I've had some batches not really trace well and they are usually softer bars than others, but I'm sure they will be okay.

*jean* said...

well done! it LOOKS fantastic..hope it cures well!! i've not had the courage to try soap but i love to buy hand made and french milled soaps...especially in a MN winter!

Dandelion and Daisy said...

I love handmade soaps but I've not ever tried making them so I don't know what can go wrong but usually there is some sort of "fix". Good luck, I hope it turns out great.

~*~Patty S said...

It looks lovely and very promising...hope it is everything you want it to be

you have me wondering what "trace" is...

oxo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I think you got a decent enough trace, because those bars are setting up. Of course, I have always added a fragrance as my final step, but I know you have a problem with scent. I used to have all the ingredients to make coconut and olive oil soap, but lost the recipe when my old computer died. It was good to see you got the courage to do this.

Looks like Mr. G. put his stamp on this activity. I assume he made the soap box, something I've never had.

Cameron said...

Yay! It Looks so deliciously decadent in the picture....I bet it will be heavenly to use!

Good for you!!

Dianne said...

it looks creamy and luscious! how brave of you...it always sounded like a lot of work to me. but your first batch looks amazing...good luck!

Related Posts with Thumbnails