I've moved to www.halleshobbies.com
If not automatically redirected to my new site, please click the above link.

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Upcycled t-shirt scarf


While cleaning out my closet this week, I discovered this chartreuse t-shirt. I was destined to be donated  since I just couldn't get used to the color on me.




I had seen a tutorial on Pinterest for a fringed t-shirt scarf so I figure...why not try it.








Here's the original pin:



So back to my project. I cut the shirt below the arms then cut fringe about half way up the shirt.


I then tugged on each fringe until it stretched nicely giving it nice texture and movement.


And the completed scarf...

I think I can handle a splash of chartreuse much better than a whole shirt of it.

Sorry that each of my photos are a different hue. The actual color is somewhere in between this photo and the previous one.  Bad photo day for me and Photoshop can only do so much.


 

3 comments:

~*~Patty S said...

VERY cool and pretty scarf...Love that your t shirt did not go unused and I bet it's nice and soft to wear around your neck too!
oxo

Margaret said...

Such a cool idea, I love this kind of recycling and what a great burst of colour for the cooler months. Mx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is a lovely way to recycle/upcycle an old or unwanted Tee. It looks good on you, too! Thanks for changing your comments. I can finally leave a message.

Related Posts with Thumbnails