I've moved to www.halleshobbies.com
If not automatically redirected to my new site, please click the above link.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering 9/11

Today as I awoke my first thoughts were of the chores ahead of me then I remembered the date. I had a moment of pause but then was forced to continue with my morning chores to get everyone out the door on time.

After everyone was gone this morning, I was able to think more about that day 7 years ago....

I was at home, playing with our 19 month old boy, completely oblivious to what was happening until my husband called from work and told me to turn on the TV. I sat and stared and couldn't believe what I was seeing. The horror of the moment, wondering what was next. Would this just keep happening? We lived right in the airport flight path and had planes coming overhead every 2 minutes. Would the next one just fall from the sky? When all the planes were grounded it was eerily quiet.

This afternoon as I was driving through town I saw the flags at half-staff. And just beyond my kids school I could see the ladder truck at the firestation with it's ladder fully extended with Old Glory flying at the top, as if it were reaching for the Heaven's. It brought tears to my eyes and a lump to my throat. Seven years have passed but memories haven't faded.

God bless you and yours!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails