I've moved to www.halleshobbies.com
If not automatically redirected to my new site, please click the above link.

Friday, November 20, 2009

Abstract Mixed-Media Painting

I've been working on this one for a couple of days. Dress makers pattern tissue was used to create texture. I laid it directly onto the wet gesso. Some random scraps of text from my scrap bucket were also used for interest. Those were attached using UHU twist & glue.

I used my fingers a lot on this painting. I just seem to have more control that way. I can feel the canvas and know how much paint is being applied. Even when I use the brush I often use my fingers to spread the paint. It gives a totally different effect.

I had no plan in mind...just let it happen. Besides if I decide I don't like it anymore....I'll just gesso over the whole thing and start again!

2 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Oh don't paint over it. I love this piece. Seriously!!

Cindy McMath said...

Oh Halle, I agree with Elizabeth - don't paint over it, it's fabulous!

Cindy :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails