I've moved to www.halleshobbies.com
If not automatically redirected to my new site, please click the above link.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Good-bye 2011

As this year comes to a close, I wanted to say thank you to all of you for continuing to stop by and read my ramblings. And a special thank you to those who have taken the time to leave a comment for time to time.
It really means a lot to me.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»   THANK YOU   »-(¯`v´¯)


I also I felt was time to check up on my goals for last year and see how I did.
Shall we take a look....?

ART:
 I got better towards the second half of the year about listing items. I think I'm in a better routine now.
  • Finish our vacation scrapbook
I haven't finished the scrapbook version yet but I did make a photo book through Shutterfly.
  • knit or crochet one project using proper directions (something I really struggle with)
YES! I 've crocheted a couple twirly scarves with this pattern. I should dig that pattern back out and whip up a few more.
  • Improve my photography skill
This one is not very measurable but I do think I've improved. My neighbor even used one of my photos as her son's senior yearbook picture. Hey, does that make me a published photographer??!! HA!

LIFE:
  • return to our healthy eating regimen 
We go back and forth with this one. Although Mr. G and I talked about the changes we'd like to make with our lifestyle after the New Year. I'm sure with both of us fully on board, we'll do well.  
  • workout 3 times a week 
I'm doing really good with this one now...after a long summer of not going to workout at all.
  • weekly family board game night with full media blackout
We were really good until it got nice outside. Then we forgot about playing a game and got out of the habit. We're picking up where we left off.  New games from Christmas will help keep us going! 
  • keep a journal 
I've been very sporadic about this one as far as a handwritten journal goes. I'm just not good at it. I  do feel like my blog is part of my journal keeping though...just not the personal stuff.
So over all...not too shabby for goal keeping. I'll have to give some thought to this years goals. 
Maybe I'll even try a theme word for the year...ala Ali Edwards.

Stay safe and have a Happy New Year!


4 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I think you mean goodbye 2011! :) I'm not good with resolutions. I do better if I just take one day at a time. Wishing you a healthy, happy new year. Tammy

Halle said...

Ah yes...thank you for pointing that out. I guess I'm a year behind!! HA!

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Sounds like you did pretty good at your goals...much better than I would do! Happy New Year!

Cameron said...

Hey, resolutions are a blueprint of how we'd like to change or improve.....I think the habits you built with them were successful!

The fact that you even remember what they were last year is amazing to me...haha! I'm not a big resolution maker...but I did make some for 2012!

It is going to be a fantastic year...I can feel the positive vibes radiating from it's anticipation already!!

Savor every delicious day of it, Halle! Can't wait to see what magic waits for you :)

My best,
Cameron

Related Posts with Thumbnails