I've moved to www.halleshobbies.com
If not automatically redirected to my new site, please click the above link.

Friday, January 8, 2010

Braided fabric bowl



Funny story about this bowl...it started out life as a rug.
What I mean is, I was trying to make a braided rug but somehow it started curling upward as I stitched the braids together. Instead of pulling it all out and starting over I punted and made a bowl. I really like the look of it. I may try to starch it so it has more stability or I'll just choose what I store in it very wisely.

I forgot to mention that a good share of the strips of fabric are from my dad's old button down shirts. They were so worn that the only thing they were worth was rags...or a rug gone wrong. :)

1 comment:

Cindy McMath said...

I love the way you changed directions instead of getting frustrated and either starting over or putting it aside. It turned out great too.

Cindy :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails