I've moved to www.halleshobbies.com
If not automatically redirected to my new site, please click the above link.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

May Dress

I'm almost there!! One more dress and I'll be caught up with the rest of the Dress-up Project participants.

This dress I wanted to be kind of sassy. Maybe prom dress like.
First I adhered a scrap hand dyed fabric from my stash to the cereal box form.
Next I got out a couple silk flower arrangements likely from the 80's or early 90's judging by the color. I pulled them apart and stapled the folded flowers in layers to form the skirt flounces.
The pearl and lace ribbon was used to cover the staples. See you'd have never known my secret had I not spilled the beans!!

My only issue with the dress is how to hang it in my yet to be finished wardrobe. I do have a small clothes pin that can work in a pinch. I was considering fish line...then it would be like those plastic strap things that sometimes come on woman's clothing.
Regardless of how I hang it...I love it.
Sassy, flirty but in a youthful, more innocent way.

Be sure to check out the other May Dresses over at the Alice and Camilla Blog.

4 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You are very brave. I had trouble hanging my dress this month, so strapless and I are at odds with each other. I really like the flounce on the bottom. It really IS sassy and OH SO PINK.

sharon said...

Your dresses are a delight!! So cool!

Thanks for visiting , enetering my giveaway ands your sweet comment!

Jen xo said...

I think the petal hem is just beautiful....

Margaret said...

Very pretty dress for this month, I love the rose petal skirt! Margaret

Related Posts with Thumbnails