I've moved to www.halleshobbies.com
If not automatically redirected to my new site, please click the above link.

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Favorite things


I recently got to take home this lawyers bookcase that belonged to my paternal Grandpa. I've always loved the cabinet. As a child, it sat in our guest room. It was filled with shells my mom had collected from her travels.


I had something a little different in mind. I've filled it with my art and some of my favorite things that had been packed away until now.


Recognize the bowl? It's my handmade paper bowl. It's the perfect size for some favorite rocks and my mom's arrowhead collection.


This may look familiar. I use this is my avatar in Google.


This clock was one of first altered pieces. The swirl on top was hand carved by my husband's Grandmother. She is an amazing artist.


This was also a piece I made very early on in my artistic journey. It was my very first assemblage. The butterfly inside is another carving by Grandma Rose.


My Road Trip book always makes me smile. This was my second round robin altered book. It took the better part of a year to make it's way around the country before returning to me full of fun artwork.


The bookcase is ever changing in it's contents. I love to rearrange decorative elements in my house and am often drawn to using something totally unexpected for the space. I think it drives my husband a bit crazy at times. He'll just give me that "ok...if you really think that looks good" look.

2 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I like how you have used your Lawyer's bookcases. Yours is "newer" than mine, I suspect. I say that because mine has claw feet and the legs don't sit as high above the ground as yours. Yours has a mission style look and feel to it. It is gorgeous and I love the tiger oak on part of it. You really have a beauty there, and you have done a nice job of decorating/filling it.

~*~Patty S said...

Love this post and your very special cabinet Halle...it would be the first thing I'd want to see if I ever got to stop by for a visit ;)
Super cool having a spot for your creations!
oxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails