I've moved to www.halleshobbies.com
If not automatically redirected to my new site, please click the above link.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Spoon pendant



I've been finding all kinds of interesting little treasures lately. Such as a sterling spoon that had no handle. I put the stub of the handle in the vise and slowly started working it into a loop.

I love steampunk so I used some gears and the heart goes with the word LOVE. The heart is from an earring. Next time I try something like this I want to use resin. This was Diamond Glaze, which I'm pretty sure isn't supposed to be used as I tried.

It is a fun little piece though. No mistakes... just opportunities to learn.

2 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It's amazing that you said you wanted to try resin, because Dana showed me some resin she made (and it was still setting) on Wednesday. I can't wait for you to try some, then maybe I'll get up the courage!

I've had a devil of a time with my goggle account. Starting yesterday morning, I couldn't sign in to my account. Something was wrong with my cookies, or some such. Anyway, I finally changed cookie settings and am again (finally) able to leave a comment.

~*~Patty S said...

saw this link at the bottom of your busy being sick post and had to visit

LOVE it!

I just finished 6 spoon Christmas ornaments for a swap...they were flattened and bent just waiting for me to notice them

oxo
p.s. now I need to step away from the computer ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails