I've moved to www.halleshobbies.com
If not automatically redirected to my new site, please click the above link.

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Flower Grunge


Feeling the need to do something creative, I cleaned off my workspace and grabbed my pile of book text scraps. The substrate is cardboard packaging that I obsessively save.

I decided to try out my UHU glue stic for this experiment. I knew I wanted to play with my watercolor crayons but have had issues with other glues releasing the papers from the substrate after getting wet. While wet there was a slight amount of lifting or warping but to my great delight, it dried completely flat! I believe I have found a new glue for this technique.

I'm loving the layered look. I used watercolor crayons, paint, correction pen, metallic marker, colored pencil, China crayon and rubber stamps on this piece.
Related Posts with Thumbnails