I've moved to www.halleshobbies.com
If not automatically redirected to my new site, please click the above link.

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Scrap bag


I started this project over a year ago. But for most of that time, it's been in a drawer..out of sight and out of mind. I had to clean out my sewing table (aka small desk I refurbished years ago) because it is now our aquarium stand.

Anyway....I had intended on making a tiny little string purse for going to garage sales and festival type things. Since then I've discovered that I really need to carry more stuff all the time...so a bigger bag was born.

An old piece of table cloth was used as the base for the random scraps. I used different colors of thread and stitches for a fun crazy quilt look.

I decided on a jagged edge on the flap for interest. 

The lining is a re-purposed pillowcase. I wish I had the forethought to sew a pocket or two on the inside but when you're winging it...those things don't always come to mind.

I did learn a couple things while putting this together that I'll *hopefully* remember to apply to my next purse project.

The only purchased item on this purse is the magnetic closer. I bought 3 of these a while back when I was making more purses

Otherwise everything used to create this purse is re-purposed or scrap.

A girl can NEVER have to many purses! Maybe I'll sell a few when I actually stock my etsy store... It's just an empty storefront right now.





6 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your scrap purse is adorable. I got a closeup view of it, and I love all the detail there.

You got an aquarium? Sounds like fun for the kids, work for you. You know that now you have teased us, we want pictures!!

Becca said...

I love this bag Halle! I would love to try to make something like that. I'm always looking for different and fun bags to carry. Thanks for the inspiration!

Sinderella's Studio said...

Sweet - I have many started and unfinished projects!
dana

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Halle
what a darling bag! I love the composition of fabrics you used to create it! gorgeous work! Have a wonderful Wednesday! :)

Lynn Stevens said...

What a sweet scrap purse. I like the randomness about it!

Jill said...

This looks like great fun and I love how it turned out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails