I've moved to www.halleshobbies.com
If not automatically redirected to my new site, please click the above link.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Times slips away...

I don't know how it happens but it seems as if I have been accomplishing absolutely nothing lately. Well, I should say art related accomplishments.  I'm starting to get very frustrated.

I have been reading, cleaning, hanging out with the kids, running errands, yard work etc.

The only remotely artsy thing I've done lately...and this is a real stretch... was to stain a wood project my husband has been working on. It's not completed but needed to be stained at this stage.

I'll leave you with the baby bird in a nest picture... It's a wren nest in our dwarf lilac bush along the front walk. They build a nest there every year. It's fun to see them swoop in and out feeding their fledgling.  I'm not sure if the egg along the side is the baby's egg that it hatched from or a sibling that never hatched.

3 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What an adorable photo. Really enjoyed this. I think it's too hot to create, but I'm plugging away at things. Hope your art drought improves before the weather does.

Dianne said...

some days (or even weeks) are like that--no art, I mean...but sunshine, kids & summer vacation, baby birds...those are pretty important too! enjoy, you'll get back to the art soon-- thanks for stopping by my blog--I really appreciate it.
happy creating!

~*~Patty S said...

ooo the nest pic is precious ... that sure is a pretty eggshell too

every muse needs a rest ... sounds like you have a lot on your plate ... I agree with Elizabeth, the heat takes the starch out of me
oxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails