I've moved to www.halleshobbies.com
If not automatically redirected to my new site, please click the above link.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Fabric collage


My friend Patty let me know she got my package so, as promised, here is the full view of the fabric collage I created a while back.

I've been so inspired by others fabric collages in blogland but hadn't ever attempted or even felt the inclination to attempt one until now.

I just kept layering pieces until I felt happy with it. The tree book page and the rust colored fabric were my starting point. I knew I wanted something dimensional so I searched through my jewelry stash and found this berry piece. I think it may have been a clip to dress-up a shoe in its former life.

I even got to use some of my CitroSolv background paper.

I'm definitely going to do some more work combining fabric and papers in the future.

10 comments:

Robin said...

It's gorgeous Halle! Your main image of that tree is awesome and the colors, embellishments and textures are all simply divine! Have a wonderful day.

Hugs,
Robin

Debbie @ OtRD said...

Lovely!

Dorthe said...

Hi Halle,
your collage is a wonderfull art piece- I so love the colors, and the many layers.
xo,Dorthe

Lori said...

Gorgeous, Halle, just gorgeous. I have problems putting layers together, I always drool over those that can do this so wonderfully...

Lisa said...

You should definitely do some more of these... this one is gorgeous! Just the right colors and embellishments and balance. *clap* *clap*

Yvonne said...

Great page and that you got to use some of your Citra solv paper. I still have Turp papers to use and still looking for the CS. Will have to check a few more places.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm not just impressed, I'm awe struck with the beauty of this piece. I'm glad you are finally over your phobia of sewing paper. It is addictive and I can see your entire world opening to new creations as a result. Good for you, dear.

~*~Patty S said...

As gorgeous as this looks on your blog, I am here to tell you how fantastic it is in real life!
Every details is so special...the jewelry clip reminds me of currants...such a great accent to the wonderful layers...the German text is a super touch and that tree seems full of wisdom.
I Love the great 4x4's you gifted me with too Halle
Many thanks !!!
hope I can get my act together and a nice bbb post to do these justice
oxo

Becca said...

Halle, I love your collage! The colors and textures are lovely, and the jewelry piece is perfect!

Lynda said...

This is so beautiful! I love trees and surrounding the picture with fabric, ribbons and all - just perfect!

Related Posts with Thumbnails