I've moved to www.halleshobbies.com
If not automatically redirected to my new site, please click the above link.

Monday, March 7, 2011

Baking failure and success


My BFF from high school, Sandy, shared a few of her dearly departed Grandmother's bread recipes with me last week.


Yesterday, I tried the Honey Oatmeal bread.... As you can see, it didn't turn out quite as planned. It's still tasty, just short and dense.

Today I had much better results! I used her bun recipe only I made it with half wheat and half white flours instead of all white flour. I can't wait to sample one!!


5 comments:

Maggi said...

Oooo, I think they both look good! Especially those rolls...*drool*

Sandy C said...

Love, love, love your buns! (hehe that sounds funny to write) I hope they tasted as good as they look. What a wonderful tribute to my Grandma to share her awesome cooking with you. In the life of my Grandma, if anyone ever came to her house she would put together a feast fit for a king with her homemade goodies. I love that we are getting back to the basics, your family got "buns with love". (again, sounds funny)

Thanks for sharing Halle!

Unknown said...

I bought whole wheat flour several weeks ago with visions of me baking wonderful homemade bread .... With my family gathering around exclaiming how I should never buy bread again .... Have I done it? No!!! What is wrong with me!?! ;)

Looks positively delicious BTW!

Nancy said...

Great looking buns :) I cannot for the life of me, make brown bread like my Grandmother!

Dianne said...

these rolls look absolutely yummy! a lucky family will be enjoying them later...

Related Posts with Thumbnails