I've moved to www.halleshobbies.com
If not automatically redirected to my new site, please click the above link.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Paper bag book

I got a call this morning asking if I'd want to make a custom paper bag book that would be at a memorial service. My friend Sandy explained that her uncle had been a real Montana cowboy if there ever was one. A simple man who spent his whole life being a cowboy...working cattle and horses...riding the rodeo...
I was touched that her mom had requested one of these books for her brother's service. I got to work immediately since time is of the essence. She told me I could share the photos of the book.



There are lots of tags as well as some vintage postcards from Montana tucked into the pockets. Plenty of space for friends and family to write little notes, tell stories or simply sign their name.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

The book is beautiful now and will be even more beautiful as it gets filled with loving thoughts later. How wonderful that you could be there for their family.

Unknown said...

I love making paper bag books, I created one when my Granddaughter was born, I'll have to post it some Pink saturday! Hugs, Marilou

Robin said...

I agree with Kimmie!

Hugs,
Robin

Dorthe said...

Your paper book, is wonderfull, and such a great way, to collect little memmoryes, from family-and friends
xo, Dorthe

Dianne said...

what a lovely idea to use this at a memorial service! your creation is so well designed...love the denim, quilts and other cowboy-themed items. super job!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is simply IMPRESSIVE.

Related Posts with Thumbnails