For Christmas this year, our daughter received an American Girl Doll. She's been wanting one for years. My only issue is that all the American Girl brand accessories are really spendy just because they have the logo.
Yesterday I decided that I'd try to make a sleeping bag for her. I grabbed my box of blue scraps (once intended for a boy quilt) and started piecing.
With a few measurements of the doll herself, I decided on my size.
I'd say it fits pretty well.
Little J liked it a lot with the exception of the colors. I figured that would be the case so this one will be a gift and I'll be making another in the colors of her choosing.
I got to go crazy with my free-motion foot.
I had to stop after breaking 3 needles and read up about what in the world I was doing wrong.
Turns out I was moving my hands to quickly and pulling the needle out of alinement so it would smack down onto the footplate and snap.