I've moved to www.halleshobbies.com
If not automatically redirected to my new site, please click the above link.

Monday, February 13, 2012

Doll sleeping bag

 

For Christmas this year, our daughter received an American Girl Doll. She's been wanting one for years. My only issue is that all the American Girl brand accessories are really spendy just because they have the logo. 
Yesterday I decided that I'd try to make a sleeping bag for her. I grabbed my box of blue scraps (once intended for a boy quilt) and started piecing. 
With a few measurements of the doll herself, I decided on my size.
I'd say it fits pretty well.  



Little J liked it a lot with the exception of the colors. I figured that would be the case so this one will be a gift and I'll be making another in the colors of her choosing.

I got to go crazy with my free-motion foot. 
I had to stop after breaking 3 needles and read up about what in the world I was doing wrong. 
Turns out I was moving my hands to quickly and pulling the needle out of alinement so it would smack down onto the footplate and snap.



 

4 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm SO jealous of you and that wonderful free motion foot. You are doing a super job and the back looks as awesome as the front. Glad you took time to read why you were breaking needles. I've done that very same thing, and I don't even have a free motion foot (grin), just a fast foot.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I forgot to mention that I've never heard of that doll. Shows how much I pay attention to kids' toys. I'm delighted you can find ways to get around buying the commercially made accessories.

Lynda said...

Halle, This is too cute. My mom or maybe it was my grandma who made me a doll quilt which I still have and is in this studio somewhere! What a great idea and a great gift for your daughter. I bet she will love it as much as I still treasure my doll quilt.

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Very cool! Yes, that American Doll stuff is outrageous in price...it is all because of the name! This is a great idea!

Related Posts with Thumbnails