I've moved to www.halleshobbies.com
If not automatically redirected to my new site, please click the above link.

Friday, February 3, 2012

Postcard Challenge week 5

 

For this week our challenge, hostess Darcy, picked France as our country of origin for the postcard.  
I couldn't lay my hand on the leftovers from the altered book I created for my BIL after one of his trips to  Europe. I know I had some good pieces. 
UGH! I need to get organized.  

I ended up going with a map of Paris hand marked by Maggie with her favorite places.









 


Maggie mentions how worried she was about Thadeus and goes on to say she has the papers he sent separately  in a safe place. 
Those must be some valuable papers...
or dangerous ones.



Since I got my sewing machine back, I've started working on the pages to hold all the postcards. This is my title page. I've blurred the title since it would give away too much about the direction I'm going.


This is the first pocket page that holds Maggie's card from Austria.


These two pages will be sewn back to back with a piece of muslin that will connect to a second set of pages that will eventually become a fold in a signature.

I need to get to work on the next several pages to get caught up. Then I plan to make each page as I do the postcard so I don't fall behind.
But that will have to wait until next week. It's birthday weekend for my oldest, so it's busy, busy, busy!!




22 comments:

Margaret said...

Beautiful Halle, you have such a wonderful aged look to your cards. The fabric pages are divine, this project is going to look so amazing when it's completed. Mx

Lulabelle said...

your postcard is great and I love your book!

San @ Made in Hem said...

Ah, now I normally read the title of a book first so you didn't have to blur it out for me! I love to know if I started a mystery or romance... :)
Love your card, never get tired of those map-cards with personal notes! ♥

lorig said...

Great idea to use the map for the postcard. The book is going to be beautiful as well based on what you showed today.

Katie said...

I love this! You've inspired me with the book to hold them too. Wonderful cards!

Jen said...

Your book idea is amazing. Like the personal touches on the map.
Jen x

Darcy Marshall said...

ahh i love the little touches like marking on the map, but oohhhh my goodness, the pages are looking gorgeous, this is going to be a stunning book,

Unknown said...

How cool! I love the book you're making! It's so fun to see all the different ways people are doing this project!

WrightStuff said...

Ooh I love what you're doing with your pages. It's going to be fabulous. This postcard already tells an intriguing story. I wonder why those spots are her favourites??

APG Jamie said...

the book is looking great! and the postcard ain't bad either <3

I do wish she hadn't mentioned the papers again ... now there is a trail to her for sure

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Great idea to make the map into a postcard. :) And your pages are fab!

Janet said...

Great postcard and a brilliant use of a map. (must remember that one!) Your book looks fantastic and very complicated. Love your use of fabrics.

Janet xx

miniroses said...

the card and the book are delightful! textiles always make me happy.

Nicki said...

Lovely card. I really need to start something to store all of my postcards in.

Nicki.xxx

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Love it all!! Truly amazing! :)

Alexandra Charlap said...

Great way to use the map on your card...LOVE what you are creating for storing your cards...very beautiful!

Nancy said...

I love your book for the postcards, looking great. And of course the storyline :)

gottahavemoxie said...

I love maps so much and I think the way you used it so cute. I absolutely adore the book pages you are creating. Very beautiful.

mags21 said...

great book pages for your postcards..Love the idea of a map..

The Dolphin Inn said...

Absolutely fab book, love how it is taking shape, great idea with the annotations on the map xxx

~*~Patty S said...

Popping in before I say Adios for awhile.
I know what you mean about not being able to lay your hands on things, but I tell myself it just makes something else happen and it did for you...the Paris map is super highlighted with fav spots!
I adore your postcard holder page...what a great book that will be!
I'll miss you while I'm away!
Take care Halle!
oxo

Dandelion and Daisy said...

This is going to be one amazing book when you are finished!

Related Posts with Thumbnails