I've moved to www.halleshobbies.com
If not automatically redirected to my new site, please click the above link.

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Postcard Challenge week 7


Darcy threw out Wales for our place of origin this week. The only reference to Wales that I knew for sure were Welsh Corgi's.   My BIL and his GF have one. She is a very sweet dog that often comes to visit our house.








Maggie writes:


Thadeus-
I thought you could use a bit of whimsey in your life right now so I painted you a Welsh Corgi. They are odd dog but I fear if it weren't for how much I travel, I'd be bringing one home with me tomorrow.
Do take care and try to look at the bigger picture-literally.
Warmly- Maggie 



Hmmm--
Their relationship must be getting closer. She has dropped the more formal Margaret for Maggie.

Here's my page with a bit of rusted lace tablecloth sewn down as the pocket.


I thought I'd show you that I've gotten caught up with the rest of my pages as well.





Spain...




Brazil...



China...


I'm doing my best to make it around to see everyone's postcards but this week I had a bit a of delay in even posting. The video card in my computer went out. At least Mr. G was able to replace it and we're back in business.


 

16 comments:

APG Jamie said...

Lovely! I love 'em all <3

Jen said...

The corgi painting is super and your book is looking wonderful. especially like this week's lace pocket and China.
Jen x

gottahavemoxie said...

First off, as an owner of a Welsh Corgi I have to say your drawing is totally awesome! I also really love the creative ways you have come up with for holding your cards. The old lace tablecloth... so have to try that.

mags21 said...

what a great painting, brilliant.....and I love your ideas of keeping your postcards in.....

Anonymous said...

What fun! Corgis are such cute dogs and yours is no exception! I like the page that holds him as much as I do him.

miniroses said...

so glad you caught up and brought us your painting. It is super.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

For some reason, I thought I left a comment earlier when I was here. Your corgi is perfect. Your drawing is so impressive. It's fun to read about Thadeus and Maggie. I wonder why the change in her attitude all of a sudden. Maybe that will be revealed in a future message.

I have to sympathize with you over the video card. At least, you didn't have to wait for weeks and weeks to get yours fixed. It's good to have a computer geek living on the premises!

And that book is incredible. I like that it isn't just a bunch of pockets, but you have found a way to capture these postcards in some really clever ways. Sometimes it helps to be unplugged!

Darcy Marshall said...

fabulous painting of the corgi, and all your pages have come together wonderfully, its gonna be a great book.

Dianne said...

delightful series of postcards! lovely painting of the dog, and wonderful addition of lace...terrific mail art!

Gina said...

Lovely painting of a corgi, and I am very impressed with all the different ways you have found to keep your cards in the book :D XXX

Janet said...

Super corgi painting. Lovely lace holder for the book page too. Lots of hard work has gone into the pages for the other countries and they are lovely.

Janet xx

Unknown said...

I tried to paint a corgi and gave up. Just couldn't do it. So I admire your art piece very much. This is really nice. I love the wee touch of lace too! *smiles* Norma

San @ Made in Hem said...

Sometimes it's very nice to have computer-issues, it makes you finish off all those other things around the house! :)
I love your little dog painting! ♥
And you did great on the pages in your book! I've only made two so far... :)

margaret said...

Lovely corgi, fab painting! I love how your story is developing!
It's great to see your envies too, you inspire me to do something with mine, maybe I shouldn't leave them grey afterall.. Mx

~*~Patty S said...

what a great doggie painting!
super how you are making 'pockets'...that rusty doily moves me :)
oxo

Leialoha said...

Corgi's are adorable...and am so impressed with all the wonderful carte postale's you've shared.
Aloha.

Related Posts with Thumbnails