I've moved to www.halleshobbies.com
If not automatically redirected to my new site, please click the above link.

Friday, January 27, 2012

Postcard Challenge week 4


In this weeks edition, Thadeus sends Maggie a greeting from China on a postcard with a beautiful old drawing of ancient farmers sowing seeds.

****
I had started trying to draw a dragon head but it was going quite poorly. It didn't look anything like a Chinese dragon. More Nordic, so I went with a page from a children's book about grains of the world.
I also happened to have a very old postage stamp from China to use. Again, I continued the postmark to give it a bit of authenticity.  I must admit that sometimes get caught up in the minutia of things...

****

Thadeus explains that he found something in an old book and is searching for answers. He hints at the chance of something wonderful. His hand seems rushed or nervous as he writes. I wonder what is sending him off balance?

****
Please stop by Darcy's blog  for the list of 

****

22 comments:

lorig said...

Lovely image you chose for the postcard. I am intrigued by your storyline

Margaret said...

lovely image and great 'nervous' writing! I wonder what's going on?? Mx

Unknown said...

Well *I* can appreciate your obsession with the "minutia"! I was frantically searching for Chinese postage last night that I KNEW I had SOMEWHERE. It's all about the details. Your card is a home run!

Darcy Marshall said...

great image you found, works perfectly. i love that you pay attention to the details like the postmark.

Janet said...

Lovely picture card with a delightful theme.

Janet xx

Jen said...

Charming picture. Wonder what he found.
Jen x

San @ Made in Hem said...

Me too, só wondering... Let's hope next week flies by fast! :)
Love you vintage-feel postcard! ♥

~*~Patty S said...

really fun as the plot thickens

I like your attention to detail along with that super seed photo (something different again for an Asian image!) and of course that vintage postage stamp!
oxo

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Great image!

WrightStuff said...

I've been adding back in postmarks too - all adds to the fun.

This is a gorgeous card. I did a dragon and it looked a bit odd... but then again, has anyone actually seen a real dragon?

Nancy said...

Fabulous! The stories are all so interesting :)
I love your garden card and that you had a stamp--awesome :)

debbi taylor said...

your card is beautiful! x

Tammy Freiborg said...

Love the children's book page and the sowing of seeds.

Lulabelle said...

Beautiful image!

Sunshineshelle said...

Dragons are hard to do I think & the solution you have come up with makes for a great postcard, the story is developing well too, mmm a bit of mystery ;)

Alison xx said...

Beautiful postcard and great story. A xx

Dianne said...

cool post card...oriental art is always a favorite. Happy Chinese New Year to you in this year of the dragon!

mags21 said...

great postcard, love your art work, and an interesting story line.......

manomij said...

I hope it isn't going to frighten me! What makes his hand all wobbely?
What an absolute gorgeous drawing I am totally in love with it.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

And to think you never liked China. Great save, but I bet that Nordic Dragon would have been fun to see, too! Love the suspense you have created.

Esther said...

I wonder what he's found, how mysterious..lovely postcard picture too..Esther xx !

Lisa Graham said...

This looks fun...I could not figure out what the postcard challenge is. ??? I searched and searched. How fun though.

Related Posts with Thumbnails