I've moved to www.halleshobbies.com
If not automatically redirected to my new site, please click the above link.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Postcard Challenge week 1



Yesterday, I sat down with my idea book and planned out my story. 
I have my characters names, addresses, professions and a rough outline of how I intend for the book of postcards to come together.  
Of course, this morning I had a few different ideas about the eventual book will unfold but that's ok. 



The first week's country was Austria.  I decided to use a countryside setting for my postcard.  
Pretty simple watercolor painting. Hopefully my skill will improve over time. 



On the back Maggie writes her first note to Thadeus.

I didn't have any stamps from Austria nor did I take the time to download any collage sheets. 
I took a National Wildlife Federation sticker and cut it down to serve as my stamp. 
Works for me.


13 comments:

Darcy Marshall said...

great start for your postcard adventures, love your collection in the last post too, wow. I adore postcards.

Week 2 destination is now on my blog. x

Dandelion and Daisy said...

I love that you are doing that challenge . I was very tempted but I decided to use that energy for a couple other projects. I look forward to watching you.

CRAFTY WOMBLE said...

Hi, I like the ideals in your profile. I wonder what she will learn next week?...... I keep raiding google images for stamps :)

Tammy Freiborg said...

I like the simplicty and peacefulness of your card. Wonder what type of books and drawings? Does she publish or "art journal"?

Helen Jacobs-Grant said...

beautiful painting, looking forward to your next card Halle :)

Margaret said...

guess what I woke up thinking about? tempted? moi??
Love the start you've made, this is going to be a great journey, you have such fab handwriting! Mx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm thrilled that you have started and have a plan. At least YOU can draw. Very impressive. I know you think it's simple, but I see lots in this postcard. Really great job.

Dianne said...

I love that you are doing watercolor postcards!

Unknown said...

what a great project!
it looks like an illustrated book in the making :)

Gina said...

I love the clean and simple style to your watercolour, and how ingenious....making your own stamp! Very cool :DXXX

Catie Cuddles said...

Love your card and the homemade stamp... So effective! Great start

Cynthia said...

love the simplicity and beauty of the watercolor. reminds me a little of Chinese landscapes with little buildings and huge mountains. Wonder what kind of book she's writing

Nancy said...

And the story unfolds, I love this idea and last years calendar looked interesting too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails