I've moved to www.halleshobbies.com
If not automatically redirected to my new site, please click the above link.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Loom knitting

Over that past month or so while I've been working out I've gotten some of the regulars there. I've heard them talking about their Tuesday knitting group so I asked If I could tag along because I seem to be knitting challenged.  
When I got to the coffee shop I saw most of the gals were using these weird circle things...huh, I thought to myself. So I was borrowed a loom and hook and sat down to learn. 
She said I should start with a dishcloth since they are very basic.


It was so stinking easy I couldn't believe it!! This it what it looked like this morning before going to workout. The gal who taught me said she'd show me how to bind it off there.

Look how great it turned out!!


I had some other chunkier yarn in my bag today so I had her watch me start a new one to make sure I remembered how. 
This will be a scarf...eventually.

5 comments:

~*~Patty S said...

so pretty and it looks like a lot of fun Halle!

there are so many wonderful yarns out there to chose from too!
oxo

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

I am "challenged" in this area too....never tried a loom thing though. Your creation turned out very pretty!

Nancy said...

very nice :) never tried one of those!

Lisa Graham said...

My friend made me a beautiful purple hat using one of those...she said it was easy too. I might have to try it some time. Knitting scares me thought. I only know how to crochet.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I used to knit and crochet (before arthritis took over my life), but never any loom weaving or whatever that is. It looks like fun. I suspect you will be buying one of those looms soon, and knitting away on it. Have fun! Miss you for tea, though.

Related Posts with Thumbnails