I've moved to www.halleshobbies.com
If not automatically redirected to my new site, please click the above link.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Fridge facelift




So we have this old fridge that just keeps humming along mechanically but cosmetically it was getting really nasty looking. 
I used to keep papers, magnets and comics on it to cover as much as possible.


It was rusting from underneath the finish on the doors. I'm guessing that it was a manufacturing issue since the rest of it isn't rusting at all. 

I sanded all the rust and painted over it with Rustoleum paint.

I decided on dictionary pages to cover the fridge. My thought was...it's got to be better than the way it looked before. 
 










And in my opinion, it totally is!!  I still need to put a couple coats of sealer on top so I can wipe it down as needed. I picked up the Golden polymer medium I used as glue in the recycle center reuse room for FREE!!  Just two cheap foam brushes were purchased for this facelift. 

Yes, I know we'll eventually have to replace this beast but until then it's definitely a conversation piece in my kitchen!!


8 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

OMGosh! I have to agree at how much better the fridge looks. This is THE facelift of the year. And the cost!! This truly is FRUGAL living to the max! Love it!!

karen hess jewelry said...

LOVE everything about the facelift, Halle! And it's a source of information to boot!
xoxo
Karen

Nancy said...

Wow! You are so creative :) this is just so amazing! Really inventive Halle :)

Dawn @ Words Of Deliciousness said...

This is such a great idea. I love the end result, the fridge looks great.

Margaret said...

Brilliant! looks so much better and what a great talking piece! Mx

~*~Patty S said...

OH MY GOODNESS
that is really wonderful Halle!

what fun to stand and pick out some new words too...it might actually slow me down a bit from going IN the fridge ... which would be a good thing ;)

that is one of the best face lifts I have seen...must show Mr Magpie ... he will appreciate it very much too!
oxo
p.s. can you tell I LOVE it!!!

Dianne said...

awesome idea! the kids may even learn some new words when they go to the fridge! lol!

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Very cool!

Related Posts with Thumbnails