I've moved to www.halleshobbies.com
If not automatically redirected to my new site, please click the above link.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Learning a new skill


Over the weekend we had guests...my brother-in-law and his girlfriend. I had asked her if she'd show me how to knit some time. She said sure if I'd show her how to crochet.  We both learned something very interesting, I knit like a crocheter and she crochets like a knitter. It was difficult for each of us to break the habits that we used for our previous yarn work.  I've been trying again and again but never get any further than this. I'll keep trying.

I also made this journal cover  the other day but as I was working on a second one...my sewing machine started acting goofy. I think the timing is off...or maybe the tension. I'm going to have to bring it in for a tune up. It's about 25 years old and has never been looked at...it's well over due.





3 comments:

~*~Patty S said...

Yes, your sewing machine is long overdue for a 'checkup' ;)

very nice journal cover Halle!

I am more of a crocheter, but haven't done any in a while...I felt tense trying to knit and it showed LOL

Unknown said...

I knit like a crocheter too! I've crocheted since I was 12 or 13 so am not likely to break those habits. I've only knitted twice (each time I was pregnant-- it was a "nesting thing" heehee)

I hate when sewing machines "act up". Sweeping/brushing out the bobbin compartment and workings underneath might help. Lint build up can mess up the tension and such.

sharon said...

I just taught myself how to crochet with wire...it is fun! I never crocheted before, but I love learning new things like you!
Your fabric cover is great! My swewing machine is very old too, and I plan on treating myself to a new one after Christmas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails