I've moved to www.halleshobbies.com
If not automatically redirected to my new site, please click the above link.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Lots of snow and keeping busy

We got hammered by a winter storm here...  We got 15.5 inches at our house...but since the wind was blowing so hard we have drifts that are 4-5ft high in places while some spots are bare ground.

Here's a photo out our back patio door.  See the cool swirl pattern in the snow!  Up to the left between our house and the neighbors there was a 5ft drift.

So in between shoveling and attempting to use the snowblower. I've been working on some crafty stuff.

I cleaned my sewing machine..changed thread on both the bobbin and spool...and it seems to be working a bit better.



I made a couple more journal covers..





We also put together our Gingerbread house kit from Trader Joe's. I think it turned out pretty cute. Maybe next year I'll do the really deal and not buy the kit.  I know my girl and I will be making one at her Holiday party at school as well...except with graham crackers. Like these ones.










And in case you hadn't heard what a crazy storm we had here yet...here's a YouTube video of the Metrodome...now known as Mall of America Field..collapsing.




6 comments:

Sugar Lump Studios said...

You sure have a lot of snow. Our schools are closed this morning because of the drifting and icy conditions. I hope you stay warm! Love what you made while being stuck inside!

~*~Patty S said...

You all really ARE getting snow snow and more snow...dh told me about the dome collapse...glad no one was injured...amazing it was caught on film too

great swirly in your backyard...snow is so pretty to look at ;)

Your gingerbread house is fab...looks like Hansel and Gretel

know you're glad to get your machine running again too!
oxo

sharon said...

You should have lots of creative time with all that snow now! Great house and fabric creations!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I came by three times and couldn't leave a comment. SO frustrating. I love the gingerbread house. I really must make one one of these days.

Your pothos looks cold against the sliding glass door. Guess that new door really keeps in the heat.

I saw that video on the news and was going to ask you about it, but of course, you had posted about it already. Have a warm day and see you tomorrow for T Tuesday.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I totally spaced out your journal covers. These are awesome. I really like the left one the best.

Sandy Ang said...

Your ginger bread house looks so yummy and festive. Looking forward to seeing all the swap pages as they come in.

Related Posts with Thumbnails